The internet has brought us an endless source of information, lessons, and How-To blogs to help us learn how to do just about anything—from solving the Rubik’s Cube to cooking the perfect strawberry shortcake to photography. However, with all of these options that oftentimes provide contradicting advice, it can be hard to know where to go to get quality, professional-level advice. To point you in the direction of the best photography tips and tricks, here is a list of 10 of my favorite Photography Blogs to get some advice from, aside from Backdrop Express, of course!
1. Lynda.comWith video tutorials on just about everything you could possibly imagine, Lynda.com is an invaluable resource for photographers who want to learn more about photography (or videography, graphic design, web design, etc.) from some of the industry’s top professionals. There are video tutorials available for all levels as well, and different price points depending on what users want.
3. PhotofocusPhotofocus provides practical and useful tips for photo-aficionados at all levels of skill and interest, from ideas for photographers’ New Year’s Resolutions to reviews of LED lights.
6. PhotojojoA widely-acclaimed photography blog, Photojojo covers an array of photo-related topics. My favorite aspect of this website is the quirky DIY projects they give instructions on—such as making a bracelet out of empty film canisters. Also, the web design is fun and visually interesting—an aspect which most photography blogs seem to neglect.
7. Flickr BlogWhile most photographers or internet users are familiar with Flickr, there is a blog that features selected images based on a designated theme and, of course, quality. One of the best ways to improve photography skills is to take a look at what your peers are up to, and Flickr’s Blog is just the place to do it.
8. TofuriousAs creative beings, we are notorious for lacking skills in the more practical, gritty aspects of “photography business”–more specifically the second word in that phrase. This website features some generally inspirational articles, as well as some more specific advice for how to price your services and use social networking to market your brand.
Trackback from your site.